Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is in the largest city in Arizona, Phoenix. According to U.S. News and World Report, the University’s ranking in the 2021 edition of Best Colleges is National Universities is #298-#389. Its tuition and fees are $17,800.
The school offers 76 majors and offers bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, post-master certificates, and doctoral degrees.
About Grand Canyon University
Grand Canyon University has affiliations with six colleges, including the Ken Blanchard College of Business. Some of the undergraduate degree tracks enable students to complete their studies with an emphasis on key areas. For example, biology majors can complete their degrees with an emphasis in Pre-Medicine or Pre-Pharmacy. The University offers master’s degree programs in many fields of study, including its College of Nursing.
Grand Canyon University Accreditation
Since 1968, Grand Canyon University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). To be accredited by HLC: Grand Canyon University accreditation must present detailed information to a peer review board to determine if it meets its criteria, which includes:
- University mission
- University integrity
- University and shared governance
- Educational and co-curricular activities
- Teaching and learning effectiveness
- University assessment
- Admissions and student services
- Student academic achievement
- Financial stewardship
- Student resources
- Organizational effectiveness
- Relationships with outside constituencies
Grand Canyon University also has many programs that received programmatic accreditation, showing that the program has met the criteria and standards set by the accrediting body.
Some of these programs include:
- Colangelo College of Business
- College of Education
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
- Grand Canyon Theological Seminary
- College of Science, Engineering, and Technology
Grand Canyon University Accreditation Professionals
When it comes to turning out Grand Canyon University accreditation professionals, there are numerous different programs to choose from. Some of these include:
- Human Services
- Elementary Education
- Special education and Teaching
- Community Organization and Advocacy
- Hospital Management
- Religious Education
Those looking for a college or changing careers should look at Grand Canyon University to get more information.