A removable partial denture (RPDs) does not fix permanently in the patient’s oral cavity and can be easily removed by the patient. Sometimes patients do not prefer long Fixed Partial Dentures preparation time, so in that case, an RPD is a good alternative.
The basic components used in RPD are artificial teeth, denture base, connectors, and retainers. These dentures can be easily removed for proper cleaning. The base of these dentures is generally made of either metal or acrylic.
The Portland Dental Clinic offers you superior quality dental care. They have highly experienced dentists ready to assist you in every way possible. The exclusive treatments and personal attention help to treat your dental problems easily. For more information, visit https://centredentaireportland.com/
Benefits of removable partial dentures
- This is a less invasive procedure and available at an affordable price.
- It would be easy for you to add to if additional teeth are required in the future.
- They help to restore comfort when chewing, eating, and even when speaking.
- Placement of removable partial dentures is very simple for both patients and dentists as there’s usually no surgery involved.
- They improve aesthetics and boost your confidence if you have missing teeth.
- They protect the oral tissues and gums, as well as prevent the existing teeth from being drifted into any gaps, which are left by missing teeth and dislodgement of food. So, no bacterial growth and gum disease can take place.
- Many patients have no difficulty in adapting to removable partial dentures when compared to the complete ones.
Caring for Removable Partial Dentures
- Every night the partial denture must be removed to relieve both the teeth and the gum tissue.
- They require air and blood circulation to be healthy.
- Place the removable dentures in fresh water.
- Place the removable partial denture in the mouth with your fingers and not by biting it, to prevent the damage caused to the clasps.
- Regularly clean your partial denture by using denture toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush. Denture cleaning tablets are also available to clean the denture effectively.
- Avoid using hot water as it causes the dentures to warp.
- Take care of your oral hygiene as well. Gargle with mouthwash and brush your palate every morning to prevent the accumulation of plaque.
Besides being an immediate and temporary denture, the RPD also has several other uses such as RPD that can be used in edentulous patients with an absence of alveolar bone, soft tissue, and jaw.
Need tooth removal guidance? Trust Afterva.com’s dental professionals for expert advice and insights. Learn about the procedure, aftercare, and alternatives to make informed decisions.